- Group B Strep (Strep B/ GBS) bacteria kills 75 newborn babies and infects 700 newborn babies each year in Britain.
- A further 40 babies each year are left with serious long-term mental or physical problems.
- Sadly, the NHS does not routinely test for Group B Streptococcus during pregnancy and up to nine out of ten pregnant women have ‘never heard’ about Group B Strep.
- Group B Strep is usually preventable with simple intravenous antibiotic treatment for mum during labour.
I’m a mum and I set up this site to make private FREE Group B Streptococcus (Strep B) test kits available to all pregnant women.
- The test is a ‘Gold Standard’ ECM Group B Strep test. It is dispatched and processed by The Doctors Laboratory, a CPA accredited laboratory – the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK.
- It is the only type of test recommended by Group B Strep Support (GBSS.org.uk).
I’ve been offering this service since 2007 and in this time have dispatched over one hundred thousand free Strep B test kits!
My aim is to give mums-to-be the opportunity to make an educated choice, of whether or not to take a GBS test, with NO financial obligation. Unlike some sites where you pay for the test upfront 🙁 this test is dispatched to you completely free and no payment details are taken. If you choose to take the test, a fee of £37.50 is payable directly to the laboratory when you return it. Everything you need to know about the test and the payment process is included in the test kit.
For your peace of mind, this is a secure website and your data is not used for any other purpose then sending you a GBS test kit. Our kits are dispatched every working day by First Class post, so you can be sure of a quick service.
Please have a look around my site, as there is lots of information about Strep B testing, the ECM test kit and what is Group B Strep. You can also find out a bit more about me here and my work to raise awareness of GBS infection in babies and support the charity Group B Strep Support in the amazing work that they do.
If you have any questions, I’m always happy to help, please contact me here.
Wishing you all the best during your pregnancy,